Sunday, December 23, 2012

Preparing and Miracles

I have to tell of a miracle in our lives.  We have been concerned about our 2 dogs.  They have been such a part of our lives for the past 5 years.  We have always had a dog.  I love dogs!  I know they are a gift from God.  Well, with Chad and his family and his dog moving into our home, I was so worried about my little dogs.  It is hard to express the uneasiness I felt.  Creig and I had prayed to know what we should do with our dogs.  We knew that the Lord loves all His creatures.  Monday I got an email from a dog rescue that I have helped at times. I thought I would email back and explain about our dogs and us going on a mission and needing to find them a home.  She emailed me back asking me for pictures.  She said it would be hard to find a home for both in one home.  I knew that and I worried so.  I knew that if I couldn't find the perfect home, I would leave them here (we had been told they would adjust to the busy household).  Well, the very next day she tried to get in touch with me but Creig and I were out and about most of the day.  She had found a couple that would like to come and meet our dogs.  They had just lost both of their dogs in the last 6 months.  I talked to them and they sounded really nice.  They came over yesterday afternoon to meet Tori and Scooter.  They are the nicest couple.  they have taken rescue dogs before, and they just began to talk to the dogs in "doggy talk" just like we do.  They are middle aged and have no kids left at home.  The husband has back problems so he is home and he just took right to the dogs talking to them.  The weren't right sure they were ready to open their hearts to another dog....so they left.  Well, within 10 minutes they called and said they sat out in their car and cried and knew they would love our dogs!  They were perfect for our dogs!  They came today to take them.  I so cried, of course...but I know they were an answer to our prayers.  And that the Lord had His hand in this whole thing.  He had compassion on us and our dogs and our feelings about our dogs.  It was a miracle!  No doubt in our minds.  The Lord took care of our dogs.   Scooter and Tori just jumped in their car and off they went.  Tori knew something was up today because she kept wanting to be on my lap and have me pet her.  I told her how much I loved her and that she and Scooter were getting a new Dad and Mom and that the Lord would take care of them. 

So this I testify to -- the Lord knows us personally, and is aware of our most inner needs.  He loves us, and when we are willing to do as He wants us to, He blesses us so much.  I know this mission is the right thing for Creig and I to do at this time in our life.  I know that the Lord will bless our family each and everyone one of them as we serve Him.  My heart is so full right now.  Oh, the Lord is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment