Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Preparing....

I am feeling very melancholy this afternoon.  I have been going through my closet.  It was easy until I got to a box of old letters and stuff.  Old BYU Cougar football programs...even one from the day that BYU beat #1 Miami in 1990!  Programs showing LaVell Edwards, Ty Detmer, Steve Young, all those guys...what do you do with them...they have such memories, yet they are so useless.  I kept a couple and will recycle the others.  Lots and lots of letters from my mother and sister.  I spent all afternoon reading them.  I wish I could give my Mother a great big giant hug.  She was so good to write to me.  You know, I think it is really sad that we don't write letters anymore.  The letters stopped in about 1995, when things went to computers.  I cherish those letters.  They mean a lot to me.  I also have many letters from Marcie from when we were having such struggles in our family.  They are so hurtful and sad, and I am so sad that things happened the way they did.  I wish I could go back and change it all.  I am so sorry, Marcie.  I want you to know that I have always loved you, even when you couldn't see that I did.  I am so sorry for my weaknesses.  Please forgive me.  I also have some cards made by Chad when he was so young.  How do you get rid of things like that?  I can't.  So I will pack them in another, much small box, and put them away again.  I guess that is why I have taken so long is starting this process of going through years of stuff to get ready to put it all in storage while we commit our life to Jesus Christ for two years.  But that was probably the most sentimental closet, so things should go better  and faster now.


No comments:

Post a Comment